The Anvil terms of service
By using Anvil ("Service"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
We reserve the right to update and change these Terms of Service without notice.
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Service cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even content posted by others from any site linking to Anvil).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must provide your a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
Customers may access their Anvil data via the Application Program Interface ("API"). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses the Service, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that the Service shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. The Service, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. The Service will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- An upgrade in plan level will result in the the new rate (for the month) being charged at a prorated rate for the remainder of the month.
- A downgrade in plan level will result in the new rate being charged at the next billing cycle. There will be no prorating for downgrades in between billing cycles.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account. The Service does not accept any liability for such loss.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes. Where required, The Service will collect those taxes on behalf of taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
- Refunds are processed according to our fair refund policy.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Please email email@example.com to request cancellation. Your account is not considered cancelled until you recieve a confirmation email from Anvil.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Service immediately upon cancellation. Within 30 days, all data will be permanently deleted from all backups and logs. This information can not be recovered once it has been permanently deleted.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. But there will not be any prorating of unused time in the last billing cycle.
- The Service, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. The Service reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The Service reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Anvil site or the Service itself.
- The Service shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- The Service does not pre-screen content, but reserves the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only provided via email.
- You understand that the Service uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the Service.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. We’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- The Service does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Service shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Service has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the Service to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Service and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the Service (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Personal information collected from people who visit Anvil
When registering for a Anvil account, you will be asked to enter your name, email address and other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information personal information from you when you register on our site (name, email). We collect anonymous usage data in Google Analytics anytime you use the website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase an account, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and services.
- To improve the web service.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user purchases an account, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Stripe is the provider for purchases through the Anvil website.
GDPR: How to access and control your information
You can request edit, delete, or access a copy of your personal data that Anvil stores. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access and control your personal data will depend on which part of Anvil you interact with.
Access - You can request a copy of the personal data we store via our GDPR request form. Please select 'Send me my data details', and provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address. Then we will send you a file with any data we have related to the provided name and information. Processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Deletion - You can request to have all your personal data deleted via our GDPR request form. Please select 'Delete all of my data', and provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address, confirm exactly what is being deleted, then permanently delete your information. Processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Correction - If you have a Anvil account, you can update your account information on your Account Settings page. You can request to correct any other personal data via our GDPR request form. Please select 'Correct my data', and provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then update the requested information. Processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Update your collection preferences - You can request that we withdraw consent to use your personal data via our GDPR request form. Please select 'Withdraw my consent', and provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then delete any of your personal data we store. We will then make our best efforts to ignore requests related to your personal data in the future. Processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features of Anvil will not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on or website.
We use Google Analytics cookies to compile data regarding user interactions.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support email
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
GDPR: Your Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you purchase an account through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.