The APIs you need to disrupt any industry
Choosing the right APIs for your business can be difficult, so we've put together a list of API must-haves to help you get started.
APIs have become ubiquitous in every tech-forward industry and it’s easy to see why. With APIs, developers can reduce repetitive and complex processes while speeding up development time. But the sheer quantity and availability of APIs can make choosing the right ones difficult. So, we’ve put together a list of API must-haves for growing businesses to use as a starting point.
To stand out in any industry, you need good data; data that is complete, clean, and easily shareable. Segment (acquired by Twilio) provides infrastructure for customer data, enabling companies to create a personalized customer experience fueled by analytics. The platform integrates data generated by websites, apps, and other sources and sends it anywhere you need, from third-party tools to internal systems.
Why we love Segment:
- Robust documentation for developers.
- Allows you to create meaningful “events” from your data and use those in your analytics and customer engagement tools.
- Integrates with almost any tool out there.
- Reasonably priced for startups and early-stage companies.
Successful businesses have a strong customer engagement strategy that allows them to develop long-lasting relationships.Twilio is a customer engagement platform that connects you with customers on any channel, anywhere in the world. Their flexible APIs allow developers to build solutions for IVRs, alerts, notifications, text marketing, and more. Twilio goes beyond basic automation, giving companies the ability to build individual customer journeys with tailored messaging. They have tools that span the entire customer lifecycle from marketing to sales to customer service.
Why we love Twilio:
- Comprehensive documentation for developers.
- Interactive demo for easy setup.
- Large developer ecosystem.
- Abstracts away the complexities and frustrations of working with large telecom providers.
- Exceptional community support.
Managing payments is arguably one of the most important aspects of running a business. To do so, you need a fully integrated suite of products that allows anyone, anywhere in the world, to manage payments and revenue in a single platform. Stripe is a technology-first payment infrastructure. It can be used for online payments, managing subscriptions, multiparty payouts, managing business online, and more. The best part is they’re already trusted by millions of businesses worldwide.
Why we love Stripe:
- Accept payment with one line of code.
- No-code and yes-code solutions.
- Out-of-the-box reporting and revenue attribution.
- Custom payment options.
Paperwork is crucial for data collection, but it can be a headache to manage. Anvil is a digital paperwork platform that offers customizable solutions tailored to your PDF and e-signature needs. Use Anvil PDF APIs to create and fill PDFs, sign documents with our e-signature API, or build embeddable no-code webforms to collect data for documents.
Why we love Anvil:
- Comprehensive documentation and tutorials for developers.
- Easy-to-use APIs with open source client libraries.
- Flexible enough to handle any type of paperwork.
- No-code and yes-code solutions.
Have questions about our flexible PDF APIs? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to chat with you!