There are two types of input fields that can be added to a Webform: an
unconnected input field and a
input field from PDF.
Unconnected input fields:
- Great for collecting information on the Webform that doesn't need to be on the resulting PDF.
- Allows you to add Webform logic or add a signer without affecting your PDF output.
- If you change your mind, you can always connect it to a PDF field later.
Input fields from PDF:
- Great option if you already have a document template you are converting to a Workflow.
- Automatically connects to an existing PDF field and populates the PDF field with the information collected by this field.
- If you change your mind, you can always disconnect your PDF field later.
Navigate to where you'd like to add an additional field on the Webform and hover your cursor between two fields > click + circle icon
Select the type of input field from the dropdown menu
- Add Input Field > edit the field options
- Add Input Field From PDF > choose the PDF field you wish to connect > Add Input Field
You can edit field options and field logic in the field editor panel to the left.
Note: For more information on what types of fields we support, please see our Glossary.